Whilst LiFePo4 Leisure Batteries have an excellent safety record, like all batteries, they can be dangerous if they are misused or mistreated. It is important you read and understand the information in our safety section to ensure you keep yourselves, your vehicles and your electronics safe at all times.
- Do not disassemble your battery.
- Do not short the battery.
- Do not store your batteries in direct sunlight.
- Store the battery in a cool and well ventilated area.
- Keep batteries away from flammable objects and materials.
- Keep batteries away from static electric charges.
- Keep out of reach from animals and children.
- Do not immerse your battery in water.
- Do not crush, incinerate or modify your battery.
- Only use batteries within the manufacturers specifications.
- Recycle your batteries correctly.
- Always read the manufacturer instruction manual before using.
STORING YOUR BATTERIES
We strongly suggest your batteries are stored at room temperature, charged to about 30% to 50% of capacity. We recommend that batteries be charged once every three months to prevent over discharge.
Because Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries utilise a chemical reaction, battery performance will deteriorate over time even if stored for long periods of time without being regularly used.
In addition, if the various usage conditions such as charge, discharge, ambient temperature, etc. are not maintained within the specified ranges, the life expectancy of the battery may be shortened, or the device in which the battery is used may be damaged by electrolyte leakage.
If the batteries cannot maintain a charge for long periods of time, even when they are charged correctly, this may indicate it is time to change the battery.
BATTERY SERIES AND PARALLEL
Battery modules can be used simultaneously four (4) in series, and four (4) in parallel connection.